Friday 18 September 2015

Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

Following on from my last post I thought I'd post up a few close-ups of some of my Romans.

The vast majority of the figures are the Perry sculpted Wargames Foundry figures.  Although a somewhat vintage range they are still, in my view, one of the best Early Imperial Roman ranges available.  They probably show their age in that they are quite small in stature (closer to 25mm rather than the more modern 28mm) but the animation and sculpting is still top notch.  

I managed to pick up most of my figures over 15 years ago when Foundry still sold them individually and I'm glad I did.  Originally based up for Warhammer Ancient Battles (WAB) my current basing is a mix of 60mm frontage to allow for DBA games, 40mm bases and individuals.  

They now get used for Hail Caesar and of course To The Stongest, where a unit frontage of 120mm works well.  I could do with doing a few more units and will probably just go with a 120mm frontage (Impetus style).

Anyway here's a few shots

Auxiliary archers


Legionaries 



Close up of the casualties.  

Auxiliary cavalry


Hope you like them.





No comments:

Post a Comment